Cast Iron Tea Set (Blue with Gold Dragon Phoenix)
This high quality cast iron tea set is the perfect companion for enjoying tea. The traditional dragon and phoenix design symbolizes strength, power, and good fortune in Asian culture. This tea set is made from sturdy iron and has enamel coating on the interior to prevent rusting. Cast ironware heats evenly and retains heat well and is praised worldwide for their beauty, strength, and superb quality. Please note that this cast iron teapot should not be used directly on stovetops to heat water.
During the mid 19th century as infused tea drinking became more popular in Japan, tetsubin or iron cast teapot evolved from being a kitchen item to being a status symbol used to serve tea. Many nobles cherish their teapots as treasures and are kept in the family for generations.
This set includes the following:
- 1 teapot (approximate capacity: 650 ml or 22.1 fl oz)
- 2 teacups (approximate dimension: 3 1/8" dia, 2 1/4" ht)
- 1 removable stainless tea filter
- 1 trivet (approximate dimension: 6 1/4" dia)
- free tea with purchase of any tea set or teapot