Our instructions are only general guidelines. For your ultimate enjoyment please experiment with the steeping time, water temperature, and the amount of tea leaves.
Basic Oolong Tea Brewing Instruction
- Measure the desired amount of tea leaves and place into a teapot or teacup. Use 2 tsp or 2.3g of oolong tea for every 8oz (1 cup) of water.
- Bring the water to a rolling boil at 200oF (93oC).
- Add enough hot water to submerse the tea leaves and let it sit for a few seconds before pouring out the water. Warming the tea leaves and teaware allow for a better brew.
- Add hot water and let the tea leaves steep for 2 to 3 minutes.
- To make iced tea, double the amount of tea leaves recommended on the basic tea brewing instructions.
- Follow the basic oolong tea brewing instruction to brew the tea.
- Place sugar or honey into a second teapot if desired. Pour the hot tea into the teapot and stir.
- Place ice in cups and pour the hot tea into it.
- Let the tea cool for a few minutes before drinking.
Note: In general, the volume of ice added should equal the volume of water used to brew the tea.