Our instructions are only general guidelines. For your ultimate enjoyment please experiment with the steeping time, water temperature, and the amount of tea leaves.
Basic Chai Tea Brewing Instruction
- Measure the desired amount of tea leaves and place into a teapot or teacup. Use 1 tsp or 2.3g of tea leaves for every 8oz (1 cup) of water.
- Bring the water to a rolling boil at 212oF (100oC).
- Add boiling water and let the tea leaves steep for 5 minutes.
- Add lots of milk and sugar or honey to taste.
- Place 8oz (1 cup) of water and 8oz (1 cup) of milk in a cooking pot and bring it to a low boil.
- Add 2 tsp of tea leaves and stir occasionally. You can also add additional spicy chai mix to enhance the flavor. Let it simmer for 5 minutes in the pot at medium heat.
- Add sugar or honey to desire taste.
- Pour the tea and strain the leaves.
- To make iced tea, double the amount of tea leaves recommended on the basic tea brewing instructions.
- Follow the basic chai tea brewing instructions to brew the tea.
- Place milk and sugar or honey into a second teapot. Pour the hot tea into the teapot and stir.
- Place ice in cups and pour the hot tea into it.
- Let the tea cool for a few minutes before drinking.
Note: In general, the volume of ice added should equal the volume of water used to brew the tea.
- Place 12 tsp of tea leaves into a teapot or heat resistant pitcher.
- Pour 16 oz (2 cups) of freshly boiled water over the tea leaves and steep for 5 minutes.
- Quarter fill a 2 quart serving pitcher with cold milk.
- Pour the tea into your serving pitcher straining the leaves.
- Add ice and top-ff the pitcher with cold milk. Garnish and sweeten to taste.