Our instructions are only general guidelines. For your ultimate enjoyment please experiment with the steeping time, water temperature, and the amount of tea leaves.
Basic Black Tea Brewing Instruction
- Measure the desired amount of tea leaves and place into a teapot or teacup. Use 1 tsp or 2.3g of tea leaves for every 8oz (1 cup) of water.
- Bring the water to a rolling boil at 212oF (100oC).
- Add enough hot water to submerse the tea leaves and let it sit for a few seconds before pouring out the water. Warming the tea leaves and teaware allow for a better brew.
- Add boiling water and let the tea leaves steep for 3 to 5 minutes.
Note: Adding sugar or honey is optional.
- Place 1 tsp of tea leaves for every 8oz (1 cup) of water.
- Pour boiling water into a teapot or teacup and steep for 5 minutes.
- Add milk and sugar or honey to taste. Alternatively you can brew the tea in hot milk.
Note: We suggest putting more tea leaves for the brew because milk will be added.
- To make iced tea, double the amount of tea leaves recommended on the basic tea brewing instructions.
- Follow the basic black tea brewing instruction to brew the tea.
- Place sugar or honey into a second teapot if desired. Pour the hot tea into the teapot and stir.
- Place ice in cups and pour the hot tea into it.
- Let the tea cool for a few minutes before drinking.
Note: In general, the volume of ice added should equal the volume of water used to brew the tea.
- Place 10 - 12 tsp of tea leaves into a teapot or heat resistant pitcher.
- Pour 16 oz (2 cups) of freshly boiled water over the tea leaves and steep for 5 minutes.
- Quarter fill a 2 quart serving pitcher with cold water.
- Pour the tea into your serving pitcher straining the leaves.
- Add ice and top-ff the pitcher with cold water. Garnish and sweeten to taste.
Note: This tea may turn cloudy when poured over ice. This is a normal characteristic for some of the teas.